Before the property changes hands, consult this list to make sure these items are transferred with the house.
- Owner’s manuals and warranties for any appliances left in the house.
- Garage door opener(s).
- Extra set of house keys.
- Other keys. Think beyond the front doors; do you have any cabinets or lockers built into the home that require keys?
- A list of local service providers, such as the best dry cleaner, yard service, plumber, and so on. You’re not just helping the new owners, but also the local businesses you’re leaving behind.
- Code to the security alarm and phone number of the monitoring service if not discontinued.
- Smart home device access. Any devices listed as fixtures need to be reset for the new homeowner. Make sure your account information and usage data are wiped from the device so that they may use it. Check with your device’s manufacture to find out how to do this.
- Numbers to the local utility companies. This can be especially helpful to owners who may not yet have easy access to the Internet in the new home.
Contact info for the condo board or home ownership association, if applicable.
Information courtesy of RealtorMag and the National Association of Realtors